Monday, March 2, 2009

Thinking about cakes!


Nothing like following a weight loss post with one about cakes!

I'm lucky enough to know some really talented bakers and cake decorators, that cake up there? My sister decorated it, seriously! She's done quite a few cakes but this was the only one I have a photo of. She's really talented and should have her own business, even if it was on the side!
All along I've said I wanted a banana chocolate chip cake with Dulce de leche filling and buttercream icing. Buttercream icing for me it the only type of icing that should ever be on a cake.

Then I thought about how my sister and my father don't really like cake and my mother is severely allergic to dairy so buttercream icing isn't exactly something she should be eating.

I also thought about how my Nanny used to make pies and how much I loved brownies and suddenly I realised that I really needed a dessert table. I mean how could I pass up the chance to have all our favorite desserts on display for all to enjoy! We wouldn't even need large amounts because there will only be about 50 people or so!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could always have a cake AND a dessert table! You could also have two smaller cakes as well. A small wedding makes it easier to cater to everyone's needs because the scale of everything is smaller!

Good luck with all your decisions!
http://fab.typepad.com

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Um, YUM. That cake looks so good. your sister should totally go into business. A dessert table sounds awesome but you do have me craving banana chocolate chip w/ dulce de leche filling. I don't think I've ever had that.

Hannah said...

I totally know how you feel!! I would LOVE to have pie and brownies rather than cake! lol

Hannah said...

btw-- your sis did a GREAT job on that cake! My sister does the same thing also!

Wedding Corner said...

That cake is way too cute!! Your sister did a good job!!
I am also thinking about a dessert table (instead of a goodie/cadie table). That is a great idea.
~Lilian~