Thursday, March 19, 2009

Oh it's closer than I thought.

Things to do before September 4th.

Find a dress. Should I get something made? How much will that cost? Should I buy off the rack? Should I buy something I can wear again and again? How much should I spend? Should I buy that really awesome red Nanette Lapore dress? Do I wait until I'm 10lbs lighter? AGH!

Find an officiant. Non religious. Likeable. Etc.

Find a place to hold ceremony. Seriously the few places I've found charge an hourly rate but a minimum of 3 hours...making it silly to rent for one hour. I'm going to try to work a deal since it is a Friday afternoon and all.

Figure out ceremony. Will my dad still walk me down the aisle? There has to be music! Will I still have a bridal party? If so won't it be weird to have basically no guests because they are all in our bridal party?

Flowers. OK I have this figured out...lots and beautiful.

I've already got a photographer who were meeting with next week and the reception tea booked at the Windsor Arms and will now spend the next 170 odd days growing more and more anxious that I am forgetting something very important. Like pants.

2 comments:

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

oooh, I'm so excited for you!!! Maybe an outdoor ceremony, in a nearby park? If you need another photographer recommendation, let me know. I have a friend who is very accommodating when it comes to budget.

Jane said...

you may have a lot to do, but i am firm believer if there is a will there is a way! you have the will girl, your wedding will be gorgeous!