Monday, March 30, 2009

Pretty perfect weekend.


Bought myself flowers on the weekend. Some anemones, lisianthus and a big white hydrangea. I also bought an obscene amount of cheese. It was so sunny and beautiful out that I walked around for a good 4 hours. The results were felt as soon as I stopped walking and my leg muscles started doing this weird twitchy thing as if to say "Lady what were you thinking using us for so long without a break!"
Winter makes me forget that I am happiest outside in the sunshine walking about.
Sunday we met with the photographer I liked. I don't know why but when I meet professionals I suddenly become tongue tied, I cannot get a word across that doesn't make me seem like I eat saw dust for breakfast. She's really nice and was super helpful. Her portfolios are awesome. I totally forgot to ask to see a complete shoot, isn't that one of the rules?
I made up my mind pretty quickly that the photography would be the biggest expense for us. The luxury I suppose of having a really small Friday wedding is that a lot of the big expenses are gone leaving extra over for things I really hold important and those things are a fraction of the price! Huzzah!
We spent Sunday afternoon in a corporate box for the Toronto Raptors game. I admit I don't think I've ever watched a basketball game once. Other than it had a ball, some baskets and some very tall men I knew little about the game. I'm happy to say I really enjoyed it. I always find big sporting events incredibly surreal and they seem to bring out the ADD in me I just look around the arena and then remember what I'm there for. It's truly sensory overload. Of course it doesn't hurt that we were treated to unlimited snacks including warm cookies and our pick of ice creams! The game was most exciting during the last quarter when the Chicago Bulls shot a 3 pointer right as the buzzer went tying the game! The Raptors won in the overtime but for a while there my heart was pounding and I even threw my fists in the air when they regained the lead!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Sigh, I love anemones. You're right, it's nice to get the 'big expenses' out of the way and have the leftovers for whatever else...did you book the photographer? I can't wait to see it all come together!