Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cast your vote!

Recently I went out to look for a new winter jacket. I couldn't decide between two(a gray one and a shorter red one.) so I had my friend take a photo of each to show the Mister. Then I thought to myself "I'm just going to put them on my Facebook and let my friends vote" Now I thought maybe of my Facebook friends would see the "Vote On A Coat" album and comment. Turns out people love voting! By the end of the day I had about 20 or so votes. Almost all of them for the gray one!
Although I have to admit that I'm in love with both of them and the more I think about it the more I want them both for different reasons. In fact I have already envisioned all the cute outfits I could wear with them!

It got me thinking about how I'm so bad at decision making that I am known to regularly use the ennie meenie method to choose! Yes I know it's childish but sometimes I want two things equally so random choice is the best method AND if what I land in makes me feel sad then I go with the other one. Yes I'm secretly 6 years old.

Then I thought about how there are so many wedding things that I adore. So many things that don't mesh together well..how does one pick?! As much as I love total control over things, I also love letting others do all the hard thinking. Would I let strangers pick my wedding details? I'm not sure but if I couldn't decide between two things I might use the public voting system again.
It's only slightly more(hmm or less?) embarrassing then chanting and pointing frantically while I do an ennie meenie in public!

No comments: