Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Let's play dress up!

So on Saturday we headed to an early appointment at White in Yorkville here in Toronto. I honestly don't think I will ever enter another store with such amazing customer service. It truly was perfection. Everything was organized by designer and we got our own HUGE room to try on dresses. It was grand! I did find out that mermaid dresses look horrid on me, if I ever want to show off all the worst parts of my body I will wear a mermaid dress. We took some photos of the ones we liked, to show my mother and sister who weren't able to make it.


This is one of the dresses I tried on, obviously that is not me, the Oscar De La Renta rack was full of dresses I wanted to marry. Seriously this picture just does not do the dress justice. It was breath taking...on the rack. On me...well, hello child bearing hips! Guess ten grand couldn't fix that!

Oh look it's my headless body! (The photos were all taken from a downward angle so I cut off my head to save everyone from the many chins of doom!)
This darling, wonderful, beauty is the handy work of Monique Lhuiller. The detail on the bodice was dreamy. On it made me feel like dancing! I joked that I was going to knock out the sales girl and make a run for it, yes...joked that's it...ha.ha. errrr. She was less than the Oscar, but more than say...a used car...at 5800. Sigh. You can sort of see my ring in the photo proving to all that I am actually engaged. Yes someone totally wants to marry me.


Now on to the infamous red dress.....


It had pockets! For my stuff! I still think it's a darling dress and the colour makes me realise that I need more red in my wardrobe! Those shoes were so comfy, Oscar De La Renta yet again! They cost more than the dress! Like double!

The Jenny Packham dresses were beautiful, this one had straps that formed triangles in the back that were incredibly beaded. The dress just floated and swooshed around. Again the angle makes me look like I'm preggers but I am grateful that my friend was able to take some photos! The boutique even fed them! Tiny lemon poppy scones, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate macaroons! I want to go there every week!

5 comments:

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Wow, I love the Monique on you! YOu look stunning. The red dress is also amazing. Shows off the gams!!!! Where did you try on dresses?

Brandy said...

All the dresses were tried on at White. I'm going to update the post with that info.

Anonymous said...

I love love love the Monique Lhuillier one, gorgeous! The second one is very cute, the last one I'm not totally loving the silhouette... no offense of course!

have you tried going to places in woodbridge or anywhere? white is one of the most expensive wedding gown boutiques in toronto... my friend got an amazing dress for $1200 in woodbridge, the same dress was sellin at white for $4500. Good luck!

http://fab.typepad.com

Mo said...

My favorite is the red dress, really really cute. I also might be bias because red is one of my favorite colors, and any dress that has pockets is a plus in my book.
I also immediately noticed the shoes and thought they were uh-mazing and was thinking "Brandy, get those shoes!!!" and then I read the next line that said they were twice the cost of the dress. No wonder my heart skipped a beat when I saw them!

little luxury list said...

Wow - the empire waist style is your calling. The Monique Lhuillier is TDF! I love the red dress too because pockets in dresses are the 2nd best invention next to toast.