Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Five for under 500!

After saying out loud(wait is the Internet out loud?)that my budget for a dress was 500 bills I got busy browsing discount bridal sites looking for some dresses that I could see myself trying on for size. So here are 5 dresses that are all UNDER 500! Coming in under budget means extra for the finishing touches!


This DaVinci dress comes in at 386. I would take off the ribbon and add something like one of these

Left:Twigs and Honey



From left to right:

A stunning lace Maggie Sottero Destinations dress that comes in at 414. It reminds me of a Monique Lhuillier number except for without the added zero on the end!

The Goddess in the middle is OC by Oleg Cassini which will cost you a jaw dropping 299 dollars at House of Brides. Just add a laurel crown and some strappy flat sandals and you can be Aphrodite for the day.

This last one was the most "traditional" one I could find. I think if your on a budget and you want something more traditional it's best to go the very simple, less is more route and make it unique with outstanding accessories. This dress from Forever Yours can be yours for just 399. That works out to about 4 dollars per button down the back!

In my opinion I saved the best for last. It's another Maggie Sottero Destinations dress I think the bottom lace peaking out is really something and the sleek silhouette although not for everyone is so classic.
I really think it's stunning and proves that you don't need to spend over a grand for a wedding dress.



4 comments:

Mo said...

Great round up Brandy! I love the last one, and it's in the silhouette I've been considering. I'll have to try on some Maggie Sottero in my next dress outing.

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

I love a deal! :)
RelentlessBride

Rachel said...

All your choices are gorge....

Stay away from House of Brides....they have a really bad reputation - and I had a very bad experience with them 2 years ago ordering a BM dress.

Almost Her said...

I LOVE the DaVinci one! Those are all some great options!