Sunday, December 21, 2008

Losing it.

Right now my kitchen smells like banana bread. Banana bread full of walnuts and chocolate and peanut butter chips. YUM!

About 4 days after we became engaged I had my yearly physical. I knew I had gained weight(again) once we moved to the house my time at the gym became next to nothing and my eating habits got a bit out of control. So that morning at my doctors I stepped on the scale in that lovely paper gown thinking that at worst I had gained 5lbs or so.

No. Because I'm so awesome I gained 11lbs in one year. Leaving me just 4 lbs under my heaviest known weight. I say "known" because there is a photo of me looking like I'm probably another 15lbs heavier than that.

So about a week after my doctor told me the grim news I decided to stop eating sugar, flour and junk food. Sticking fresh vegetables, lean cut meats and low G.I foods. I only drink water, green tea and I cut back my coffee intake. All of the things you're told to do. I started taking the stairs almost every time(hey I'm far from perfect!) Basically I eat a lot of salads now and measure out a lot of things into serving sizes. Like I said, I'm not perfect, so there have been slip ups. Especially as the holiday season started to get into swing. Losing weight isn't easy. It's slow and steady work and it's a constant battle and one that I admit I will probably have to deal with for a long time coming.

So after a month and a bit I have lost about 10lbs. If I can mantain that lose during the holidays I'll be happy. In the new year I'm going to join a local pilates studio and restart exercising 4 times a week. I told myself that I wouldn't start trying on wedding dresses until I've lost 25lbs, which is half of my goal weight.

Funnily enough I only really feel like baking when I'm making friends with salad. Of course the Mister loves it, as he keeps complimenting my "hot new body" (his words not mine!) and I insist he takes all my baked goods to work! It's a win-win!




No comments: