Friday, June 12, 2009

It's Friday and it's June.

Anyone still checking in on me?



So the wedding last weekend was lovely. It was an intimate affair at a restaurant. My dress was a smash, my shoes ate up the one toe that shoes ALWAYS seem to destroy for me. Seriously that one weird toe always gets so abused. To toot my own horn I looked and felt muy picante! I'm not even sure if that is Spanish.
I did score 3 small vases at the end of the night as per the brides insistence that we take home the centre pieces. I heart vases so I'm a happy girl.


I'm reading so many blogs of brides who are getting married soon and am so excited by and for them. All the while I'm trying to figure out what exactly it is that we want to do. I'm thinking next Spring to Fall. I'm basically giving us until September to figure it out. I'm going to buy a journal and write down all of our favorite things. I think our wedding should ultimately reflect who we are and the things we love. This may mean that we end up serving fish and chips in a garden while we listen to vintage soul music and I wear a crazy over the top gown...but it will be us and that is what I want most. Une célébration de nous.

I am the most indifferent bride, which honestly is truly surprising to me. Oh well. It's not that I don't care really, it's that there are so many things I could easily see us doing that I can't pick one.

In health news I get my ECG results next week, will I have a hole in my heart? Will I have to go get more tests? We shall see. I'm at peace with it now. What ever is going on is already doing so and worrying about it doesn't help it. Also I made an appointment with an orthodontist for a consult. Yes at the age of 32 I might just get braces. A good friend of mine once said something like "Five years is always going to be the same amount of time." We had been talking about school but it applies to everything. Time is time no matter how much we wish it wasn't so why put off things you truly want to do.

This post is really random and all over the place I apologize. I'm not saying it's the 3 glasses of white wine I've had...but you know..it's Friday and it's June.

2 comments:

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Sounds like you've got a lot of ideas floating around!! Please us a pic of you and your smashing outfit. Never too late to get braces....are you going to get the Invisil kind?

Krista said...

Lots of things happening, I hope you figure out your dream wedding and the EKG comes back positive :)