Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hows married feel?

I've been a bad, bad blogger, I haven't wrote or read any blogs in a week! Life happens right? That's what I've heard anyhow.
Last week I went to my first appointment with a geneticist. I'm being tested for something rare and scary called Cadasil Syndrome. The geneticist said it was highly unlikely that I did have it so I'm not wringing my hands raw or anything.

Being married (for me anyhow) is very much the same as before except with more jewellery and tax breaks. Not that I'm being glib about it but when your with someone for ten years, living with them for most of those well...it doesn't feel much different. I'm married and that's cool, but life altering changing? Well not really. Although I'm incredibly relieved we eloped in the end because if we would have spend $$$$ on a big wedding I might have some buyers remorse right about now. We are slowly starting to throw around ideas for our party. We recently went to a beer tasting and the food was catered by a bakery and it was soooooo good. It was The Mister who even suggested we keep the name of the place!

7 comments:

Krista said...

Oh, that does sound like a scary condition.

My mom was just tested for van hippel-lindau syndrome. (I keep calling it van hippopotamus syndrome because that's easier to remember.) Here's hoping your geneticist is confirmed in his/her suspicion that you DON'T have cadasil syndrome!

Yep, I hear ya about being married not being that different. But there aren't a lot of "tax breaks" for getting married that I've discovered. What tax breaks have you discovered? (I'm just curious).

I love that picture, too! :)

Brandy said...

LOL I just figured there were! Like on income tax or something!
Oh well, guess I just got the extra jewellery!

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Love that photo. So romantic. Fingers crossed for good health. :)

Halsey said...

1. I love the picture, so cute!
2. Good luck at the doctors, fingers crossed!

Mo said...

I hope everything is okay after the tests.
That photo is amazing, what an incredible door.

kobe said...

i think that feel of marriage must be very good

Ankur Jha said...

nicely explained the importance of the wedding service. IndiaWeds also provide wedding agreement service in budget thought thousand of its vendor in India. Kindly visit Destination Wedding in India to list your business or get affordable wedding services.